Our employees work for us because they want to make a difference in the world
Pulse Infoframe is a global health technology company focused on cancer, rare/orphan disease, and chronic conditions that affect children and adults alike. We believe that medical advances are made when data is shared across boundaries and we are leaders in real world evidence collection. Our customers include leading global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, academic medical centers, government agencies, payers, and patient advocacy organizations.
Working for Pulse Infoframe is both challenging and rewarding.
The Pulse Infoframe culture is fueled by a dedicated team of research scientists, data engineers, and product managers committed to making a difference. That means you need to be committed to making a difference, too.
Working for Pulse Infoframe also means you thrive in a team environment.
Teamwork isn’t a trendy phrase here: It’s how we operate. Our customers are part of our team, too, because the journey toward effective treatments for rare diseases, cancer, and chronic conditions travels on a long and winding road. It cannot be taken alone.
Join an innovative, collaborative entrepreneurial company that has created a breakthrough business and technology model and platform for:
Be a part of our dynamic, mission-driven company as we grow into an untapped marketplace.
If the above sounds like a good fit for you, then have a look at our openings below. We’d love to hear from you.
Our headquarters are in London, Ontario and Boston, MA. We prefer local candidates but are open to remote employees in Canada/the US with the right mix of skills and the drive to contribute.
Pulse Infoframe is a global health technology company focused on cancer and rare/orphan diseases. We believe that medical advances are made when data is shared across boundaries and we are leaders in Real World Data / Evidence. Our customers include leading global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, academic medical centers, and patient advocacy organizations. The Pulse culture is fueled by a dedicated team of research scientists, data engineers, and product managers committed to making a difference.
Pulse is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled clinical data specialist with expertise in data analytics and strong data visualization design, technology, and user-experience skills. As an Analytics Engineer/Visualization Specialist, you will be responsible for data queries, modeling, transformations, and analyses; and designing, developing, and maintaining interactive and insightful data reports/presentations/visualizations that empower data-driven insights and decision-making. Your role will be instrumental in delivering insights to key internal and external stakeholders; leveraging data analytics and visualizations, while also contributing to the development and optimization of quality data pipelines and datamarts.
- Requirements Gathering and Business Analysis: Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their analytics needs and translate complex requirements into effective deliverables that align with business objectives.
- Data Exploration and Analytics: Explore, transform, and analyze (via SQL and/or dataframes) complex datasets to identify patterns, trends, and insights that drive data-driven decision-making, presenting findings through compelling presentations, reports, and Tableau visualizations.
- Data Visualization and Dashboard Development: Design, develop, and maintain interactive and intuitive data visualizations and dashboards in Tableau to facilitate data exploration, analysis, and reporting for clinical business users and stakeholders.
- Tableau Server Management: Manage Tableau Server environments, including user access, permissions, and security settings, ensuring data integrity and compliance with data governance standards.
- Data Modeling and Transformation: Leverage tools to build, document, and automate data models, transformations and datamarts, enabling efficient and accurate data visualization and analytics.
- Data Quality Assurance: Implement data integrity checks in datamarts and Tableau dashboards to ensure the quality and reliability of visualizations and underlying data.
- Performance Optimization: Optimize Tableau for performance and responsiveness, ensuring smooth user experiences.
- Collaboration and Training: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Data Scientists, Analysts, Clinical Project Managers, Engineers and Business Stakeholders, to share expertise and provide training on best practices in data abstraction and visualization.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of data visualization processes, design choices, and data sources, ensuring knowledge sharing and continuity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Biostatistics, Clinical Data Science, or a related field. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- Proven experience as an Analytics Engineer, Data Analyst, or similar role with a strong comprehension of data analytics and proper data visualization in life-sciences or similar health related field.
- Proven experience with data explorations, models, transformations, and analyses in SQL and dataframes (Python or R).
- Proficiency in Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server, with hands-on experience designing interactive visualisations and reports.
- Must be proficient in engaging with pharmaceutical clients to promote and deliver diverse aspects of the clinical analytics business. Demonstrates exceptional communication skills, deep domain knowledge, and the ability to convey intricate information in a clear and captivating manner throughout the entire process, starting from the initial proposal and defense, all the way through to production and ongoing support.
- Solid understanding of data visualization best practices, data storytelling, and user experience design principles.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to uncover insights from complex datasets.
- Experience with data ingestion, data integration, database methods and ETL/ELT/EtLT practices and programming.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of other data visualization tools and technologies (e.g., R, Python, Highcharts, Plotly, etc.).
- Experience with data warehouse concepts and cloud-based data platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Strong background in analytics programming and statistical techniques.
- Certifications in Tableau, UX or data programming/visualization.
Remote; reporting to the Chief Data Officer
Pulse Infoframe Inc. builds and operates the heathie ™ Platform for collecting clinical Real World Data (RWD) and generating Real World Evidence (RWE). The company has been doing this work for over a decade and has industry-leading expertise. Healthie ™ 2.0 is our current, unified platform. The Pulse Platform is the underlying data and analytics engineering framework to support the heathie™ product and essential to its success.
The Clinical Data Science team based in London, Canada is seeking a seasoned epidemiologist or biostatistician with strong hybrid biostatistics/epidemiology background to lead and support the Biostatistics and Epidemiology team on priority client projects. The position is either in our head office or remote in North America. You will collaborate with senior executives within the Pulse organization as well as key client leaders and stakeholders. The ideal candidate for this role has a complete understanding of the full research lifecycle, exceptional analytical skills, a background in clinical sciences, a passion for innovation, dependable and can work independently.
- Provide technical leadership and operational oversight to lead and orchestrate all biostatistics and epidemiology functions through full study cycle from study ideation to dissemination of results with complete clinical relevancy to the hypothesis.
- Lead both registry and study protocol designs and statistical analysis plans (SAPs) for longitudinal registry studies and publishing.
- Support key data management activities (e.g., data quality and enrichment, linking disparate data) to support internal processes and subscription reporting for external clients.
- Prior experience working within a relevant research organization/institution including pharmaceutical industry and/or regulatory agencies.
- Experience responding to requests from national regulatory agencies in the United States, Europe or other countries related to risk management planning, and/or design/implementation and reporting of post-marketing safety studies.
- Champions all data quality dimensions—integrity, timeliness, completeness, accuracy, validity, uniqueness, currency, consistency, and clinical relevancy.
- Communicate effectively statistical concepts to non-statistical audience.
- Demonstrate business, scientific and clinical acumen.
- Collaborate and support team members on complex project deliverables.
- Provide project management support. Organize and lead meetings. Ensure on-time deliverables.
- Work closely with clinical product management in the definition and delivery of projects.
- Conceptualize real-world clinical pathways and patient journeys; reconcile them with protocols and statistical analysis plans.
- Ensure workflow is conducted in a manner that is compliant with GCP, HIPAA, GDPR and RWE regulatory expectations.
- Masters in Biostatistics, Epidemiologist or similar; PhD highly preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in analysis of clinical data required.
- Knowledge of oncology, rare diseases and medical sciences preferred.
- Prior established experience consulting and working with clinicians and pharmaceutical companies on research initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders to gain consensus within the team and across multi-functional groups outside the Biostatics& Epidemiology group.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with R (or Python, SAS); working experience with R strongly preferred.
- Strong analytics and analytics visualization experience.
- A willingness to work outside their standard comfort zone working cross-functionally to deliver internally and/or external clients.
- Experience and comfortable with the challenges of a start-up either as a new company or within a larger organization.
- Self-starter, self-sufficient, multi-tasker and highly foreword-thinking in technical environment, thrives in fast paced start-up environment, professional maturity, and discrete.
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communications skills.
We are looking for an outstanding product manager who can drive our product execution and delivery internally and participate with our clients, prospects, and thought leaders externally.
Education: BA, BS, or equivalent experience
Skills and Technical Experience:
- Work with our worldwide and US business development and our CEO in the formulation of product strategy, vision, and roadmap
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer and Chief Architect in the definition and delivery of the product vision
- Manage the product roadmap and facilitate product management sessions with the senior team
- Be the primary focal point with our clients in the delivery of our solutions to them
- Lead and prepare business use cases, requirements, and definitions for our product backlog and sprint grooming
- Lead the agile sprints, including sprint grooming, planning, Scrum reviews, demonstrations, and retrospectives
- Prepare acceptance criteria, interact closely with our development teams, and provide clarity and guidance throughout the product execution and delivery
- Be the platform evangelist and have deep knowledge of the platform and its capabilities and features
- Review platform issues and establish priorities for remediation with the development team
- Prepare and maintain competitor analysis
- Manage the Jira issue tracking system
- Lead the issue triage sessions working with development and operations members
- Minimum 7 years as a Product Manager or as a Product Management Team Leader in healthcare, life sciences software development/delivery
- Deep agile SDLC experience and the ability to mature SDLC processes
- Strong “data-driven” perspective, using metrics to guide decisions
- Excellent and proven track record in delivering agile platforms, best practices for software, and SaaS product management practices
- Identifiable history of leading from a product management perspective complex software projects from inception to successful conclusion
- Creates outstanding working relationship with all stakeholders and decision makers within the corporation
- Thoroughly understands the expectations and requirements of the engagements they are responsible for
- Willingness to work outside their standard comfort zone and wear multiple hats to deliver for the corporation and/or client
- Able to demonstrate business and technical acumen with the ability to understand and interact with software applications
- Comfort in and experience with the challenges of a growing and scaling company either as a new company or within a larger organization
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience with Atlassian, Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, etc.
- Self-starter with professional maturity, thrives in fast paced environment, self-sufficient in a highly technical environment, and discrete (patent pending technology, NDA required)
Other Desirable Traits:
- Healthcare experience in disease registries, bioinformatics, and/or patient engagement.
- Experience in delivering cloud-based SaaS offerings