Our employees work for us because they want to make a difference in the world
Pulse Infoframe is a global health technology company focused on cancer, rare/orphan disease, and chronic conditions that affect children and adults alike. We believe that medical advances are made when data is shared across boundaries and we are leaders in real world evidence collection. Our customers include leading global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, academic medical centers, government agencies, payers, and patient advocacy organizations.
Working for Pulse Infoframe is both challenging and rewarding.
The Pulse Infoframe culture is fueled by a dedicated team of research scientists, data engineers, and product managers committed to making a difference. That means you need to be committed to making a difference, too.
Working for Pulse Infoframe also means you thrive in a team environment.
Teamwork isn’t a trendy phrase here: It’s how we operate. Our customers are part of our team, too, because the journey toward effective treatments for rare diseases, cancer, and chronic conditions travels on a long and winding road. It cannot be taken alone.
Join an innovative, collaborative entrepreneurial company that has created a breakthrough business and technology model and platform for:
Be a part of our dynamic, mission-driven company as we grow into an untapped marketplace.
If the above sounds like a good fit for you, then have a look at our openings below. We’d love to hear from you.
Our headquarters are in London, Ontario and Boston, MA. We prefer local candidates but are open to remote employees in Canada/the US with the right mix of skills and the drive to contribute.
Pulse is seeking an exceptional biostatistician to work with the team on priority client projects. You will collaborate with senior executives within the Pulse organization as well as key client leaders and stakeholders. The ideal candidate for this role has exceptional analytical skills, a background in medical sciences, a passion for innovation and is strongly independent.
- Perform key data management activities (eg. data quality and enrichment, linking disparate data sets) activities to support internal processes and external clients.
- Statistical analysis and visualization of healthcare data. Contribution to manuscripts, as requested to the relevant sections.
- Contribute to and lead statistical analysis plan for protocol
- Prepare datasets for analysis by other parties; ensure data completeness, accuracy, and clinical relevancy.
- Development and implementation of Statistical Analysis Plans to meet client needs.
- Work with clinicians and pharmaceutical companies on research initiatives. Able to easily communicate statistical concepts to non-statistical audience.
- Collaborate and support team members on complex project deliverables.
- Able to act as project management support. Organize and lead meetings. Ensure on-time deliverables.
- Work closely with product management in the definition and delivery of data-centric backlog tasks.
- Support the business with business intelligence, clinical research, subscription reporting and other types of analysis
- Master’s in Biostatistics, Statistics or equivalent; PhD preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in analysis of healthcare data required
- Knowledge of oncology, rare diseases and medical sciences preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience with SAS, R, SPSS or STATA; working experience with R strongly preferred
- Strong analytics and analytics visualization experience
- A willingness to work outside their standard comfort zone and wear multiple hats in order to deliver for the corporation and/or client
- Comfort in and experience with the challenges of a start-up either as a new company or within a larger organization
- Self-starter, self-sufficient in highly technical environment, thrives in fast paced start-up environment, professional maturity, and discrete (patent pending technology, NDA required)
- Creates outstanding working relationships with all stakeholders and decision makers
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communications skills
Pulse is seeking an exceptional CRM Manager to set and monitor marketing strategies that will foster profitable long-term relationships with clients. In this role, you will work as part of the Business Development team to boost our company’s market presence and increase client engagement. To be successful in this position, you should have solid experience with Customer Relationship Systems and KPI metrics. You should also be able to identify new opportunities and proactively address customer concerns. Ultimately, we want you to increase revenues and achieve business goals by building a customer-oriented company.
This is a part time position, with the possibility of moving to full time.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers through our CRM system (HubSpot)
- Ensure HubSpot provides an effective sales funnel
- Maintain the Hubspot strategy, identifying target areas, frequency and setting KPIs
- Develop and implement marketing techniques to attract new customers
- Set specific marketing strategies
- Plan and manage multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Suggest new methods to address client needs
- Track marketing metrics and trends (conversion rates, web analytics)
- Assist with organizing promotional events to reach prospective customers
- Conduct market research to follow trends and competition
- Proven work experience as a CRM Director or similar role
- Solid background in customer acquisition strategies
- Extensive Hubspot experience (including workflows, custom properties, integrations, blog, landing pages, email etc)
- Knowledge of online marketing methods and best practices
- An ability to manage marketing projects end-to-end
- Strong communication skills along with a customer-oriented attitude
- Collaborative approach to working
We are looking for an outstanding product manager who can drive our product execution and delivery internally and participate with our clients, prospects, and thought leaders externally.
Education: BA, BS, or equivalent experience
Skills and Technical Experience:
- Work with our worldwide and US business development and our CEO in the formulation of product strategy, vision, and roadmap
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer and Chief Architect in the definition and delivery of the product vision
- Manage the product roadmap and facilitate product management sessions with the senior team
- Be the primary focal point with our clients in the delivery of our solutions to them
- Lead and prepare business use cases, requirements, and definitions for our product backlog and sprint grooming
- Lead the agile sprints, including sprint grooming, planning, Scrum reviews, demonstrations, and retrospectives
- Prepare acceptance criteria, interact closely with our development teams, and provide clarity and guidance throughout the product execution and delivery
- Be the platform evangelist and have deep knowledge of the platform and its capabilities and features
- Review platform issues and establish priorities for remediation with the development team
- Prepare and maintain competitor analysis
- Manage the Jira issue tracking system
- Lead the issue triage sessions working with development and operations members
- Minimum 7 years as a Product Manager or as a Product Management Team Leader in healthcare, life sciences software development/delivery
- Deep agile SDLC experience and the ability to mature SDLC processes
- Strong “data-driven” perspective, using metrics to guide decisions
- Excellent and proven track record in delivering agile platforms, best practices for software, and SaaS product management practices
- Identifiable history of leading from a product management perspective complex software projects from inception to successful conclusion
- Creates outstanding working relationship with all stakeholders and decision makers within the corporation
- Thoroughly understands the expectations and requirements of the engagements they are responsible for
- Willingness to work outside their standard comfort zone and wear multiple hats to deliver for the corporation and/or client
- Able to demonstrate business and technical acumen with the ability to understand and interact with software applications
- Comfort in and experience with the challenges of a growing and scaling company either as a new company or within a larger organization
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience with Atlassian, Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, etc.
- Self-starter with professional maturity, thrives in fast paced environment, self-sufficient in a highly technical environment, and discrete (patent pending technology, NDA required)
Other Desirable Traits:
- Healthcare experience in disease registries, bioinformatics, and/or patient engagement.
- Experience in delivering cloud-based SaaS offerings